Relocation - Making Lemonade out of Lemons

C0rnholio

I remember reading somewhere that there are no "good" or "bad" charts. Not sure if I believe that, but that doesn't matter. I just had a nap and came up with a new understanding of my relocation issues. Relocation issues will be there no matter what. There are always pros and cons to every location. So if most of the chart areas are working okay, let's try to concentrate on the pros, and fix the cons. I still need to live here, so I might as well try to make the best of what I have. Make lemonade out of lemons.

With relocation all my planets shifted forward in the astrological houses. The "actors" changes their "stages" by 3-4 houses. This is not a bad change. Wilsontc has a zodiac primer says that the houses are similar in a way that they all have two layers of focuses that repeat each 3rd and 4th house. So when my planets shifted to new houses, they still got to maintain at least one of their original focuses. In my opinion a shift by 3-4 houses is not a drastic and disruptive shift. The planets still know how to play, and they have been playing pretty well for the last 14 years. We just need to give them some improved sense of direction. Or at least identify for them where they now are.

A shift by 2 or by 5 houses would have been more disruptive. Keep in mind that even after moving into the relocated houses those "players" still have to keep playing in their natal houses, part-time. So by moving them by 3-4 houses we are still keeping them relatively happy, not disrupting their routines too much. Just a little synergistic "job rotation".

My original natal goal was to get things done in the 11th, 3rd and 7th houses. Turns out that by moving almost half-way around the globe I relocated my Mars into the 11th house, Sun into the 3rd house, and took the Chiron and Mars out of the 7th house. Actually Mars was on the cusp of the 8th, but it played in the 7th house too.

My communication skills and mental performance improved since the Sun moved into the 3rd house. My career is transportation related, so there is no better place for the Sun to be than in the 3rd house.

My job is amazing (6th house). With the well-aspected Moon and Neptune in the 6th house I literally have a "dream job" in this location, which is related to cars and transportation. And so all my career and work related dreams (11th house) have come true.

The weak areas that I see are the 1st house and the 7th house. The relocated Ascendant conjuncts Saturn. But I have a natal square between Saturn and natal Ascendant, so the Saturn's influence is nothing new to me. It has been an anti-social aspect to me. I tend to not enjoy parties and meaningless communication, and consider them a purposeless waste of time. Instead my concentration has been on my work-related hobbies and personal one-on-one communication.

In the 7th house things have been slow. I do get lucky in the 8th house every once in a while, but I want the 7th house to work too. I still have my natal Chiron there. And my natal Mars will always have some influence there.

I need your help with my 1st and 7th houses. Could you please take a look at my Relocation chart and give me some ideas what I can do to get these houses to work? Basically, I need to find practical ways to enjoy my daily life in this location a little better (life outside of work and business), and find a soulmate, of course. Is there anything in this chart that could help me with these challenges?

C0rnholio

Here is my Relocation chart:

Reloc.gif

Vinyasa

Hi, I am no expert in relocation charts, however to me seems no wonder that your 7th house is so weak, you have Asc/DC on critical 29°, more inclined to "finish" things instead of starting. Moreover, Saturn, by sitting on your Asc, not only colours your appearance in a more saturnian way (may be too disciplined? too career-oriented?) but also opposes constantly your 7th cusp. Ruler of the 7th is Jupiter retro, in the 8th, in Saturn's dignity and in Pluto's house: you may give an impression of very open in the sexual arena, and this is not always so good if you are looking forward to a more committed relationship. Moreover, the idea is accentuated by Lilith sitting right on the 7th cusp: maybe you appear too "wild"?

Now, remember that wherever you go, your natal is always you, it will develop with the years (by progression and solar arcs) and will modify the focus (by relocations), but who you really are is still there. Natally you have Chiron in the 7th, and I think that you will not be able to fully enjoy something really fulfilling unless you first heal the wound you carry there. Natally again, your 7th house is expressed through Mars, who is dignified in Aries but again is very focused on 8th house matters, residing right on the cusp of the 8th. Mars is squaring your Mercury, again you may result too rough in the expression of your aggressiveness (not only in the quest of a partner or in the sexual expression, but overall...) So, it may be you give a very macho impression additionally reinforced by both Sun and Moon in fire, letting very little space to the other person to move (or breathe :sad:). Pluto is natally on your Asc (creating a very intense personality) and your chart ruler Venus is in your 12th, and most probably you hide very good any sensitive side of your personality. Remember also that by now your Asc has progressed into Scorpio, and this adds again to the intensiveness.

Maybe you should look at your current transits: Saturn is about to transit your Asc and Pluto is approaching your IC... In the next couple of years both axes will be radically transformed (again no matter where you are).

Overall, I would focus more on the two exalted planets (Sun in Leo and Mars in Aries) trying to emphasize their more positive note, ie you are a very creative person able to generate a sense of security and safety and generosity to your partner. Your Moon in Sagi is gregarious and adventurous and your Mercury in Cancer has a very emotional side too which could soften the communicative style. Before anything else though, I would focus on the unresolved issues of Chiron.

Hope to have helped a little bit, wish you all the best! :)
Vinyasa

C0rnholio

Saturn, by sitting on your Asc, not only colours your appearance in a more saturnian way (may be too disciplined? too career-oriented?) but also opposes constantly your 7th cusp.

Hmmm... interesting. I didn't think about the Saturn's influence on the 7th house too. So I guess I need to work on both of these houses now.

Natally you have Chiron in the 7th, and I think that you will not be able to fully enjoy something really fulfilling unless you first heal the wound you carry there.
How would I "heal" myself? Is it possible? What do I need to do?

I am reading the Arroyo's book on Karma and Transformation. Hopefully I would get some ideas. It has interesting things about Pluto in the 12th house. Says that I need to "transform the quality of my emotional life and liberate (myself) from confusing emotions". This is very true. That, he says, requires long periods of loneliness and abstention from social interaction. Maybe like live in a monastery for a little bit (maybe because else I won't heal!). So, I suppose, being in a Saturn Ascendant location is perfect for me for now! It also says that once the spiritual transformation has progresses to a certain point, I "would develop the capacity to experience the unity of all life which lies beneath outer forms".

Natally again, your 7th house is expressed through Mars, who is dignified in Aries but again is very focused on 8th house matters, residing right on the cusp of the 8th. Mars is squaring your Mercury, again you may result too rough in the expression of your aggressiveness (not only in the quest of a partner or in the sexual expression, but overall...)
Hey, my natal Ascendant is in Libra. I AM NICE! :biggrin:

your chart ruler Venus is in your 12th, and most probably you hide very good any sensitive side of your personality.
Consciously I do not hide my good any sensitive side. I actually try to show it to those who I like, remembering not to overdo it and be perceived as a wuss. But you are right, it is not visible to passers-by.

Maybe you should look at your current transits: Saturn is about to transit your Asc and Pluto is approaching your IC... In the next couple of years both axes will be radically transformed (again no matter where you are).
Pluto has always been my buddy, sitting on my natal Ascendant. I always relied on him to BREAK STUFF for me. The old useless stuff. I look forward to these Pluto and Saturn transits. Perfect timing for both of these guys to come over at the same time.

OMG! I just noticed that Saturn will be retrograding over my natal Ascendant. So I will have 3 Saturn transits! That would give Pluto enough time to do plenty of damage! Then Pluto will start retrograding over my IC too! Then the transiting Mars will become conjunct my transiting Saturn, all over my Ascendant, around my birthday next year. That will surely make for a fun Solar return chart. Whew... All I can tell, it's going to be interesting.

OMG, OMG! Then BOTH of them will be retrograding over my Asc and IC *again* in June 2011! So I am going to have 12 Saturn and Pluto returns over the next 2 years. There will be nothing left to transform after that.

OMG, OMG, OMG! Then Pluto will come back again for the third look (or technically 7th look) at my IC around September 2012. So I will be all done with those transits in just under 3 years. How many of those Pluto transits one can one have?

P.S. Thank you, Vinyasa. You should not be knocking my many fire signs and Mars because many like it. It's conjunct your Sun too. I think I am doing a good job learning not to suffocate others. I do not like to be suffocated myself because of the Sag moon, Aquarius Jupiter, and Libra Uranus in the 1st (or the relocated 5th house). I am going to be looking into those transits and progressions too. Thanks again.

Vinyasa

A couple of keywords from Barbara Hand Clow's book about Chiron in Aries in the 7th:
Potential for expression of the collective unconsciousness - comprehension of polarities - difficulties over interpersonal relationships - potent effect on others - time consuming and futile relationships - complex and seemingly disastrous emotional encounters - search for identity
"The moral axiom is to become conscious of the effect on others".
Chiron in your Chart is ruled by Aries and the dispositor (Mars) is domiciled in Aries... In the same book the conjunction Mars-Chiron is identified as a "sacred warrior personality"...

You should not be knocking my many fire signs and Mars because many like it. It's conjunct your Sun too. I think I am doing a good job learning not to suffocate others. I do not like to be suffocated myself because of the Sag moon, Aquarius Jupiter, and Libra Uranus in the 1st (or the relocated 5th house). I am going to be looking into those transits and progressions too. Thanks again.
I like them too. No intention to knock them. But having myself a chart very little balanced (too much air), I know it is difficult to be accepted when you appear "too much of" something to the others. Anyway this is why I finished my analysis by pointing exactly at them, and at how you can emphasize their positive aspects, especially the generosity and creativity of your Sun, the protectiveness and sense of security of your Mars, the gregarious and adventurous spirit of your Moon.

OMG! I just noticed that Saturn will be retrograding over my natal Ascendant. So I will have 3 Saturn transits!
Don't worry: it's normal... We all get a triple portion of that...
Check a little bit on those transits, and make sure to let go in the next couple of years whatever could be a burden at the end to your development... These transits mark a very unique period of your life, make sure to make the most out of them.

Hey, my natal Ascendant is in Libra. I AM NICE!
I bet you are :wink: And hopefully I have been a little bit helpful to you.

See you around!:)

C0rnholio

Thank you, Vinyasa! Yes, you have helped me a lot. I think I now know much better what to concentrate on. Thanks again! :)

Your venus only has one aspect (squ to moon) and acts as singleton. Plus natally it's trapped in 12th house---
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookKarmaHouse12.htm
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house12.html

Chiron thread
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9786
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17165
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11976

Further discussions on AW and links from this thread….
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17165
http://www.moonsweb.com/ast/chiron.shtml
http://www.aquarianage.org/west/planets/ch-nat01.html
http://www.astrotherapy.eu/Chiron.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/chiron21.5.html
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/chiron.html

http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2009/10/chiron.html

Hey, my natal Ascendant is in Libra. I AM NICE! :biggrin:
Yeh, but Libra like pisces and gemini is restless, procrastinating and indecisive -- so maybe that's why you can't make you mind up about where to go and what to do socially??

OMG! I just noticed that Saturn will be retrograding over my natal Ascendant. So I will have 3 Saturn transits!
This is quite normal for all the outer planets and for timings of things, it's usually the retrograde/backward hit-- then look for a trigger like T mars.... :wink:

Now your Jupiter retrograde in 8th is not too much of probl (i have this to) and it's square to mars and this is called a 'confidence aspect' so use it or lose it...

Plus you might want to look at Equal house system cos of those huge lob sided houses in that location. It may well give a totally different interpretations.... sun would be 2nd and venus/pluto 3rd

C0rnholio

Astrologer50 --Thank you for all the links!

I tried Equal house system, and Placidus always suits me better, in both natal and relocated charts.

C0rnholio

Have you been to Boston Massachusetts,I noticed Venus is on the IC?

Venus is also on the IC for Puno on the banks of Lake Titicaca :wink:..

ROFLMAO! You've got me laughing. :sideways:

I got so excited about visiting my Mecca, Lake Titicaca, but it actually looks like it would be not a restful place to stay long. Too much red in the chart. I would be just like The Great Cornholio there 24/7:
http://s923.photobucket.com/albums/ad73/gphilip12/Reloc-LakeTiticaca.gif

But Boston looks okay. A good place to make money and call home. I've been there once. Good food, good shopping, and I actually like the weather. I even had a job offer from there once, from a law firm as an expert witness, but I turned it down. Something didn't feel right about it. I didn't feel the job would be satisfying.
http://s923.photobucket.com/albums/ad73/gphilip12/Reloc-Boston.gif

07.Re

Sorry for "my" ignorance but how i can make a relocation chart?

Use Astro.com

Extended Chart Selection
Methods
Use Circular Charts
"Please select the type of chart you want" - Scroll down to the very bottom
Relocation chart is listed third from the bottom

Options tab (same screen):
"Reference place
(for Solar return, Composite and other charts needing it)"

Modify reference place (in a new screen)

Hope that helps.